Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 2

Nothing quite as exciting happened today.

I'm advising the freshman class so I had to take my Algebra I class with me to the meeting today. Except... most of them AREN'T freshmen. So they got to sit in the back. Most of the other class meetings that occurred throughout the morning finished with at least some time left in the period, so I told my students to leave their stuff behind. Well, there are a lot of things freshmen need to be told, so of course it took the whole period. And then I had a line of people outside my locked classroom door. Oops. But it really wasn't a problem.

I also got 5 or 6 new students added to that class by the end of the day. Guess it's good that we didn't get anything done today, since my class will be so much larger tomorrow (I did only have 9 students today, oh well).

I'm the in-school suspension monitor for lunch. And since no one has managed to get into trouble yet, I had a double lunch!

Won tickets to Kennywood on the radio on the way home too!

Good day. :)

Oh yeah, I won a two week membership to a local gym last night from Saturday's Teacher Appreciation Day at Staples! I'm good at winning things... lol.

Update: Upon closer evaluation, it looks like I've only got 3 students to add to that class, so they're still a small class. 12 I believe. :)


Update #2: Apparently I have 14 in this class now. Oh, the joys of the first week! We'll see what I actually have tomorrow! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Next time I think about entering a contest, I will contact you for tips.

    I sub-taught a few all day in-school suspensions; I ended up being just as bored as the students.

    ReplyDelete