Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 5

Day 5 is quite the accomplishment because it means I've now taught each day of the week! Things are going very smoothly! Collaborating with the other new math teacher has been great, and it's made life easier for both of us. I have quizzes prepped for two different classes. Those are happening tomorrow and Thursday, so we'll see if they've learned anything from me!

It's getting easier already, but it's exhausting. My last post was Friday afternoon... by 10:30 that night I was asleep! I sold popcorn for the freshman class on Saturday... with my co-advisor... no freshmen. Two are signed up for tonight though, and I have their names, so they better show up! 

Yesterday we had a fire drill. I forgot to take my keys with me... oops! But I didn't lose any kids! Today I forgot to turn on the TV for the morning announcements... one of my students has been put in charge of reminding me.

Coffee with one of my favorite teachers (from when I was in elementary and middle school) tomorrow evening and a school open house Thursday night. I'm going to be one busy teacher, so hopefully I can post again soon!

**Oh, and that class that kept changing in size... it was 14, but one of my students is moving, so now it's 13. I think we're finally set on the class size, but we'll see! So not counting that student... I have 91 different students... one of the science teachers has about 140, so I'm really lucky!

1 comment:

  1. Should you ever run out things to blog about, you could always have a guest post. I'm sure I could add some entertainment. Like the fact that you should keep an extra set of clothes at school even if it's like a pair of sweats and a t-shirt....just in case you happen to split the seam of the back of a dress. Not that I would know anything about that. :)

    ReplyDelete