Friday, November 11, 2011

Sometimes Being the New Teacher can be FUN!

I've thought about updating a lot recently and I think it was because I've had some things to say, but most of them are slipping my mind at the moment. We had our second conference night and I actually DID meet with some parents this time. That went pretty well. The rest of the 3 1/2 hours I was there I worked on things I needed to get done for school. Unfortunately, I STILL had work to do when I got home... it's never-ending! I did a lot today during my prep and brought next-to-nothing home this weekend! THAT is SO exciting!

For those of you who don't know my secret identity, I'll tell you this. I'm a very petite girl. I don't really look like I'm that much older than my students. Today was payday... a.k.a. Jeans Day. I was standing in the halls between periods and one of my students was telling a friend a story as they walked by. I gave her some sort of look and laughed, and her friend says, "Who is that?!"

Apparently, some kids have no idea I'm a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment