Friday, May 31, 2013

80 Days

Have you ever seen the show, Phineas and Ferb? I have a brother who is ten years younger than me, so I watched Disney channel for much longer than most! Anyway, their theme song goes like this,

"There's 104 days of summer vacation
And school comes along just to end it
So the annual problem for our generation 
Is finding a good way to spend it"

Well, that's crazy. There is absolutely no way anyone has 104 days of summer vacation. I did some quick math, and I guess it's possible, but think about it:

School days:       180
Summer:             104
36 weekends:       72
Total:                   356

So you'd have 9 days left for Christmas and Spring Break. THAT'S RIDICULOUS.

My summer break is 80 days long, I counted! But they did get something right... the 4. Because for students, it's 84. But seriously, where did those extra 20 days come from?! Anyway, here's how I'll be spending my 80:

Days 2 is my cousin's wedding shower.
Day 3 my friend who is going to house sit while we're gone is moving in after church.
Days 4-7 will be spent planning an epic road trip to Skagway, Alaska and packing.
Days 8-10 are for going to camp with middle schoolers.
Day 10 is also when my friend is getting married.
Day 11 is for REST!
Days 12-19 will be spent on the road trip.
Day 19 is also take a ferry to Juneau day!
Day 22 is when we will meet the college students we will be leading this summer.
Day 66 will be the day we take a ferry back to Skagway and start the long trek home.
Day 79 my brother graduates from nursing school!
Day 80 I will whine about going to bed early.

Lots of excitement in the midst of all that, but those are the starting and ending points!

No comments:

Post a Comment