Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Laziness

Yes, LAZY seems to be the theme as of late. My students don't want to do ANYTHING. Thank goodness tomorrow is the last regular day of classes. We'll just be going over their final review packet in every class.

It's gotten really hot in my un-airconditioned building these last few days, but the lazy kicked in about a week ago. Last Thursday I gave my freshmen a test, and after grading the larger of the two classes, the majority failed. They knew it was difficult, but instead of giving it 110%, my students decided that they just didn't care anymore.

There are a few A's floating in the sea of F's.

Oh well. There's not really any time left to do any remediation or corrections, so I'm going to be nice and curve it, but for some, they still won't pass this test. And those few A tests... they're going to be getting LOTS of bonus points. :)

It's frustrating.

Just 15 tests to finish grading, and then I can go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment