Friday, September 2, 2011

Another week done!

Last night was Open House... when I was in school we called it "Meet the Teacher Night." Parents come in and follow their kid's schedule. They go to all their classes in the order they go to them so that they can meet all the teachers. I printed up a bunch of handouts and made small talk. There were 13 families that signed it in my room. That's it. Guess I didn't need those 45 handouts.

I stayed after school and just worked on things, then went to dinner with a few other teachers. We came back for open house and I finally got home around 9pm. My classroom had to be 80 degrees, even after the sun had gone done. It was miserable.

Today wasn't much better, but my awesome 12-year old brother carried my fan in to the school for me this morning, and it helped a ton. Still, after driving home in a car that desperately needs the a/c charged, I was miserable.

Oh well, another week complete and now I'm camping! My parents' friends have a wireless hotspot. We don't rough it at all! I've uploaded my lessons for next week, so I feel really accomplished! Time to enjoy a great weekend with family and friends. (There will be over 25 of us tomorrow!)

Enjoy your holiday weekend, everyone. This math teacher is ready to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment