Thursday, October 25, 2012

Spirit Week!

It's late, and I should be in bed, but it's also Thursday, and I haven't really posted anything about Spirit Week! We make a huge deal out of it, and it's so fun if you have the right attitude. Some of the teachers hate it, but I love this week because it's fun, it gets students involved, it boosts school spirit, and best of all... the teachers can wear jeans every day! Yes, there's the honest truth. I love Spirit Week because I can wear my jeans. And it's not even a pay day week, so I can wear jeans next Friday too. 3 Fridays in a row... score! (And I have a lot less laundry to do this weekend as a result!)

Anyway, tonight was the spaghetti dinner and the community pep rally. My mom came and ate with me, then I went to hang out with this awesome family I know. When I was in high school, I babysat these amazing kids all the time. Well, now they're growing up, but I still love them. And they have a cute new baby brother. So I went over to their table in hopes of holding the baby and catching up with the sweet girls (their big brother is now a freshman and a football player, so it was really just girl time). These kiddos' uncle is one of my coworkers, and he has a 5 year old and a 5 month old, so there were lots of kids hanging around. I sat with them for a long time, then went to the pep rally with them. I sat with their grandma who used to be the cheerleading advisor, so we had an absolute blast. And the 5 year old was totally my buddy all night.

When the pep rally ended, he was getting antsy waiting for everyone to be ready, so I took him home. He just lives down the street from me. But I walked to school, and I don't have a booster seat in my car (anymore... I had one when I babysat this summer!) so I didn't really take him home... I actually walked him home.

To be totally honest... we kind of ran home. NOT my choice! :)

It was a fun evening. I love little kids, but my are they a handful.

And this is why I don't teach elementary school... I'm exhausted.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment