Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Working with Teenagers...

Sometimes it's great... other days... well, they're TEENAGERS...

(Meant to post this Monday after a frustrating afternoon.)

But really, it's not that bad. I usually really enjoy them. One of my girls from last year stopped in to see me today and made me laugh so hard. Teenagers can be really sweet.



And another of my usual odd little anecdotes...

Tonight I was sitting on my porch watching Hulu and knitting. Yes, I know I'm a weirdo, but that's what I was doing, and I was quite enjoying myself. It's been gorgeous outside lately.

And then this group of girls walked by. Four of them. It's dark outside. I've got a porch light, but I can't really see the girls on the sidewalk. One says, "Hi Miss _________, you have a nice house!" I seriously have no idea who that was! Okay, actually, I think it might have been the little sister of a student of mine, who knows me from when we sell pop at the volleyball games, but I really am not sure at all! But that seems fitting, because if they weren't middle schoolers, I'm pretty sure they were freshmen. Oh well.


Anyway, enjoy this picture of my scarf I was knitting! It's a bit longer now than it was when I took the picture, but not as long as it should be. I realized I had knit a row when I should have purled (or vice-versa) and so I had to unravel 15 rows. :(

Sorry the quality kind of stinks... my crappy phone is the only camera I have since my camera I bought when I graduated high school finally kicked the bucket a couple of months ago!

On that note, I am finally up for a phone upgrade in 1 week, which I've been counting down to for a year or more! But I can save that rant for another post, maybe after I get my new phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment