Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Had a great long weekend. The university I attended doesn't have Labor Day off (to encourage freshmen to stay on campus) so it was my first Labor Day off since I was in high school myself. How nice!

It's also great because now that I've got one day of school down for the week, there are only 3 left instead of four! I think I've got a pretty good idea of what the week is going to look like, but I still have a lot to do to prepare for tomorrow. Looks like there may be several interruptions this week, so we're going to hold off any tests until the beginning of next week.

New teachers in Ohio are now considered "Resident Educators" for 4 years. This means we have to go through a mentorship program that lasts 4 years. First meeting for that was today. It will be a long process, but the upside is that there are several new teachers in my district who are new to the profession, so we'll all be going through it together. And my mentor is a really great teacher, and I had him as a teacher back when I was a high school freshman!

Dropped by the volleyball game so I could help my co-advisor to the freshman class count ballots, but it turns out not every class that was supposed to vote did today. No big deal, we'll count them soon. Just more that contributes to a busy week. Staff meeting tomorrow, then it looks like my week will slow down a bit.

Still loving my job! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment