Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Out of Creative Ideas for a Title...

Well, it's been 4 weeks since the first day of school. Can you believe it? I sure can't. I'm still adjusting to life. I cannot believe that I really teach at my old high school. You would think that the reality would be completely sunk in by now, but it's just not. I'm thrilled, and SO blessed.

Routines are starting to set in. I know how each day runs and I am pretty good at figuring out a tentative plan for the week and adjusting accordingly for the constant changes in the daily schedule (regular day, long homeroom, short homeroom... who knows?!). Friday we have a 2-hour delay for an in-service, so my classes will be really short. It's crazy, but I don't actually have the bell schedule memorized, so I just remember which schedule we're on and check the correct row and column on the chart I keep on my desk.

My little brother is the greatest kid on earth. He sets up my computers every morning and helps pack up and clean up at the end of the day. It makes my mornings much smoother, and gets me out of school faster at the end of the day.

Midterms are coming up already too! Yikes! I've got lots of work to do in the next week. Tomorrow I will be observed by my principal! The kids have been warned, and I think it will be fine. I sure hope so!

OH! And I FINALLY got a contract today! I'm SO official.

Well, that was random, but I think that's all. Absolutely enjoying life lately... hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment