Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Soccer Can Make One Crazy

Tonight my school's girls' soccer team played the school I student taught at. I was SO excited because my cooperating teacher's daughters play. So I got to see her and catch up and talk about teaching, and specifically, teaching math. It was great to be able to say, "It took the whole period to go over the homework over composition of functions" and to have someone understand that! One student from her class that I taught last year was on the team, and one from one of my geometry classes. I said hello them both, and I got to see her two girls play as well. It was so nice to hear an update about things at there school, because I truly enjoyed working with the math department there. They were great.

My other cooperating teacher retired this year. He's been following my blog and thinks I'm overwhelmed because I haven't updated lately... THIS UPDATE IS FOR YOU!! Thanks for all the fun times last year, and for all you (and Mrs. D and the whole department) taught me! We had a good time, but I must say, I couldn't be happier than to be right where I am. Also, she will probably be telling you soon that I had to go take care of a "popcorn emergency."

Don't worry, I handled it! ;)

Anyway, conferences tomorrow... No one has signed up for me yet... I just hope my brother's game doesn't get the time switched with the girls because I'd hate to miss a rival middle school soccer game!

Speaking of soccer... a storm got one of my brother's games cancelled yesterday. Since all the boys were already at the field but the girls' game was still going on, they all ended up in our living room. One of my students was here too, since he's the older brother of one of my brother's friends... I learned this weekend when I went to the fair (where I saw eight students), that I can't go anywhere anymore! I'm apparently not even safe in my parents' home!

No comments:

Post a Comment